Don’t limit your potato salads to summer barbecues, add in seasonal peas and beets and it puts a nice spin on the humble tuber salad. Yukon Gold potatoes are my favorite potato, golden in color and just deliciously creamy. Last night, I had one right out of the pot, sliced and steamy hot with a little butter and salt. It was so satisfying that I didn’t even need anything else. Sometimes, I just love simple dinners. But today is another day and it’s a salad day! Enjoy your creamy beet, potato and petite pea salad with anything from sauteed portabella mushrooms to grilled fish on the side. Enjoy!
- a little more than half a pound beets, (about 1 large), cooked until fork tender
- a little more than half a pound of Yukon Gold potatoes, (about 1 large), cooked until fork tender
- 1 cup frozen or fresh petite peas, cooked until tender
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- small handful fresh dill, finely chopped and a little extra reserved for garnish
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
Cool all of your ingredients. (I cooked them the night before and let them cool so they are easier to handle.) Cube your beets and potatoes and add in the egg, mayonnaise, heavy cream, dill and seasonings. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Makes 3-4 side salads.