It’s still a cold one here on the east coast and we still have snow on the ground. It was a chilly, rainy day today and I wanted something warming to the soul, yet a little spicy and deeply satisfying. And I also want to do a little bit of spring cleaning, starting with the freezer. And that bag of artichokes has been staring at me for quite a while. And they always feel like spring to me. A girl can be hopeful right? Lol. This makes a juicy potful of goodness that’s great topped on a pile of rice, broken noodles, or even mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 pound turkey cutlets, cut into strips
- 1 14oz. bag of frozen artichokes, defrosted and squeezed dry if necessary
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives, ripped in half
- 2 1/2 cups good quality puttanesca sauce (a 24 oz. jar)
In a heavy bottomed pot, melt the butter over low heat until bubbling add turkey and saute for about 10 minutes or so. Add tomato sauce, artichokes and olives and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until turkey is cooked through. Serves about 4.
Make someone happy tonight!